International Office Study Abroad
Welcome to Wabash
FINAL DEADLINE IS Friday, December 5th at 4:00PM
to study off campus during either semester of 2015-16
Attend one call-out meeting in Baxter 101
September 16, 23 & 30 at 11:00 AM
Attend the STUDY ABROAD FAIR
Tuesday, September 30 from 7-9:00 pm
The FIRST DEADLINE is Friday, November 14 at 4:00.
♦ You must have started your online application.
♦ With your advisor, completed your Graduation Plan.
♦ Selected 2 faculty who taught you in class.
♦ Selected a program.
♦ Completed online the approval requests for 5-10 courses
Update/add courses whenever they change.
PLEASE contact David Clapp for all questions and assistance email@example.com
Bring your questions about how to get started, the process, approvals, essays, recs., etc.
1. If you plan to study in another country, apply for a passport now!
Click here for the US Department of State passport information.
2. Attend at least one Call Out / Informational Meeting.
3. Discuss your potential plans with your Academic Advisor.
Modern Language majors and minors: you must begin the process of program selection by FIRST discussing your plans with your current language professor who will provide an evaluation of your level of proficiency to you and to David Clapp. This information will be key to selecting the best possible program for you. Professor Gomez MUST approve your program and courses. All language classes taken abroad must be approved by Dr. Gomez
4. Search for an OCS Program.
6. For semester abroad programs, students still pay Wabash College tuition to Wabash and receive applicable financial aid credited toward that cost. Exceptions to this principle are that when programs have a higher tuition cost than Wabash, students pay the higher amount. Also, for the Harlaxton program, all costs are paid directly to Wabash.
Therefore, for most programs, students pay Wabash tuition to Wabash and receive applicable aid; then room and board costs are paid
directly back to the program; airlines are paid directly for all flights, and souvenirs, extra travel, etc. are paid directly to the supplier.
Please clarify costs with the study abroad office before applying, and make sure that your parents understand.before you apply.
Complete costs of Off-Campus Study and how to pay for it.
7. By November 22, request approval of all courses to be taken off-campus.
8. Complete the entire on-line application by December 5.
9. Await decision of the Off-Campus Study Committee January of 2014.
10. If approved by the OCSC, apply to your program.
12. Once approved by your program click here.
Award for Summer Study in Europe
Jack Montgomery, Sevilla, SPAIN
Tyler Andrews, Florencia, Italy
Ronnie Posthauer, Goethe Institute Germany
Givens Award for the study of Western Art in Europe
Fall 2014 Winners
Ao Deng, London, England
Daniel Craig, Heidelberg, Germany
Christian Lopac, Heidelberg, Germany
Tung Tran, London, England
Both of the above awards are competitive, and require prior approval to study off-campus. Please contact David Clapp in the
International House for details regarding both awards and the application procedures