Career Services Alumni and Friends
Career Services offers alumni essentially the same services we offer students, at no charge. These include:
- Resume and Cover letter reviews
- Networking Assistance
- Graduate School Assistance
- Access to our WabashWorks system, featuring all job postings we receive, our Career Guide (including resume/cover letter samples) as well as resources we subscribe to and partner with for you, including Vault, Current Jobs For Graduates, and GoinGlobal, and suggested links.
- We strongly encourage alumni job seekers/career changers to fully utilize LinkedIn in their search, and the Alumni Database in LinkedIn (www.linkedin/alumni) to identify and connect with Wabash alumni in your fields/industries/geographic locations of interest
- All Wabash alumni also have an eAlumni account, managed by the Office of Alumni Affairs, through which you can access a database of all alumni. If you need your login info, email Michele Ward, email@example.com
GETTING INVOLVED WITH CAREER SERVICES- HOW YOU CAN HELP
Hire Wabash - Full-Time and Internships
When you are seeking employees or interns, look no further than your alma mater. We’ll post your position listing at no charge and also send targeted heads-up emails through our system to alert our users of your opportunity. We conduct resume referrals for alumni on a regular basis as well. You are also welcome to set up On-Campus Interviews, Information Sessions, and/or participate in our networking event both on and off-campus. To discuss the possibilities and the best ways for you to recruit, contact Scott Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org, 765-361-6355 or Cassie Hagan, email@example.com, 765-361-5594.
Special Note On Internships
We do offer programs that help fund student internship opportunities. Funding for both programs is limited.
Indiana Lilly Internships - If your internship opportunity is based in Indiana, contact Roland Morin for information, firstname.lastname@example.org, 765-361-6096. Program is grant-funded as well as through alumni gifts.
Small Business Internship Fund – if your internship opportunity is outside Indiana, with a small business or start-up, contact Scott Crawford for information, email@example.com, 765-361-6355. Program is funded exclusively by alumni gifts.
Offer an Externship
An externship is a shorter duration experience which provides a flexible way for all students to better understand potential vocational options, experiment with new possibilities, and test how their interests and skills apply in particular jobs. For more information, questions, or to host a Wabash student for an externship, please contact Cassie Hagan at firstname.lastname@example.org. 765-361-5594.
Join Wabash Career Alliances
Wabash Career Alliances are essentially groups of alumni experienced in specific industries/fields who help us better connect and serve students with an interest in careers in such industries. For full details: Wabash Career Alliances
Participate in On Campus and Off-Campus Career Services Events
We create and manage a range of events and programs each year utilizing alumni expertise and participation to help Wabash students prepare for success. These programs change somewhat each year to reflect student interests, needs, and our budgetary restraints, but usually include:
- Mock Interview Programs (in-person, phone, Skype)
- Professional Immersion Experience Trips
- Live@Wabash Career Talks (group Skype)
- Networking Events and Dinners both on and off-campus
- Workshops and Seminars
- Expert-In-Residence Program
For details and opportunities, contact Cassie Hagan, email@example.com, 765-361-5594
Donate Professional Clothing
Through our heavily-utilized SuitYourself program, students can borrow clothing for interviews, networking events, presentations, LinkedIn Profile pictures, formal events, etc. Clothing is all donated by alumni and friends of the college, and those donating receive a receipt from the college for tax purposes. We need and accept:
- Suits, Jackets, Dress Pants, Dress Shirts, Ties, Shoes, Dress Socks, Overcoats, Briefcases
You can either drop donations by our office or ship to: Career Services, Wabash College, 301 West Wabash Avenue, Crawfordsville, IN 47933. Be sure to include a note in your shipment with your name and full mailing address. We also accept monetary donations for dry cleaning.