International Center Study Abroad
IMPORTANT: Wabash college issues an International Travel Memo, December 2015. Click Here to read the memo.
Welcome to Wabash Off-campus studies!
Please use this website if you'd like to apply for Wabash College approval to study off campus for a semester during your junior year. Whether you choose a program within the United States or in another country, Wabash College believes that this can be one of the most important and transformative experiences of your life.
OFF-CAMPUS STUDY APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Attend one of the two call-out meetings to be held in Baxter 101 in Fall 2016. Details to be announced soon.
Attend the STUDY ABROAD FAIR: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM in Detchon International Hall
The Off-Campus Study Committee will provide you with an initial application deadline in Fall 2016. At that point:
- You must have started your online application
- With your advisor, completed your Graduation Plan
- Selected 2 faculty who taught you in class
- Selected a program
- Completed online the approval requests for 5-10 courses
PLEASE contact Amy Weir for all questions and assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bring your questions about how to get started, the process, essay content, etc.
Modern Language majors and minors: you must begin the process of program selection by FIRST discussing your plans with your current language professor who will provide an evaluation of your level of proficiency. This information will be key to selecting the best possible program for you. Either Professor Brian Tucker (German, French, and Chinese) or Professor Gilberto Gomez (Spanish) MUST approve your program and courses. All language classes taken abroad must be approved by Dr. Tucker or Dr. Gomez.
- If you plan to study in another country, apply for a passport now! Click here for the US Department of State passport information.
- Attend at least one Call Out / Informational Meeting.
- Discuss your potential plans with your Academic Advisor.
- Search for an OCS Program.
- Click here for programs taught primarily in Spanish, French, German, or English.
- For semester abroad programs, students still pay Wabash College tuition to Wabash and receive applicable financial aid credited toward that cost. Exceptions to this principle are that when programs have a higher tuition cost than Wabash, students pay the higher amount. Also, for the Harlaxton program, all costs are paid directly to Wabash.
Therefore, for most programs, students pay Wabash tuition to the College and receive applicable aid. Then you will be billed directly by your program for room and board costs. You will also pay directly for for your flights, souvenirs, extra travel not included in tuition costs, etc. Please clarify costs with the provider, Wabash's Financial Aid Office, and Wabash's Business Office before applying, and make sure that your parents understand before you apply.
Complete costs of Off-Campus Study and how to pay for them:
- Request approval of all courses to be taken off-campus
- Complete the entire on-line application by the deadline (TBA)
- Await decision of the Off-Campus Study Committee (OCSC) in January of 2017
- If approved by the OCSC, apply to your program
- Financial Matters & Cost Estimate Form
- Once approved by your program click here.