Twenty-three New Members Elected to Phi Beta Kappa at Wabash• May 1, 2009 Share:
Twenty-three members have been elected to the Wabash College chapter of Phi Beta Kappa national honorary society.
The oldest American fraternity, Phi Beta Kappa was founded at the College of William and Mary in 1776. The Wabash chapter, Beta of Indiana, was founded in 1898 and each year elects as members students of good moral character and exceptionally high academic accomplishment.
The 21 new senior members are:
• Stephen Joseph Abbott, a Spanish major, son of Ms. Judith Livingston of Sturgis, MI and Dr. Kenneth W. Abbott of Bristol, IN.
• Bradley Bruce Armstrong, an economics major, son of Dr. and Mrs. Scott Armstrong of Fort Wayne, IN
• Sean Nicholas Clerget, a political science major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Victor Clerget of Lafayette, IN.
• Hieu Minh Dam, a chemistry major, son of Mr. Doan H. Dam and Ms. Thu Dao of Hanoi, Vietnam.
• Jonathan Daniel Edwards, a philosophy major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Edwards of Carmel, IN.
• Adam Louis Fritsch, a physics major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Gayle R. Fritsch of Sunman, IN.
• Brock Roger Graham, a religion major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Roger Graham of Alto, MI.
• Royce Vincent Gregerson, a Spanish major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Roy Gregerson of Fort Wayne, IN
• John Paul Higgins, an economics major, son of Mr. and Mark A. Higgins of Greenfield, IN.
• James Bryan Horrey, a political science/economics double major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Horrey of New Albany, IN.
• Richard Aaron Lehmann, a music major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Lehmann of Griffith, IN.
• Roger William Market, an English major, son of Ms. Tammy L. Smith of Rockville, IN and Roger E. Market of Montezuma, IN.
• Andrew C. Oehler, a chemistry major, son of Dr. and Mrs. Robert C. Oehler of Terre Haute, IN.
• Michal M. Opieczonek, an economics/German double major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Janusz Opieczonek.
• Thomas Frederick Pizarek, a mathematics/physics double major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Daniel J. Pizarek of Austin, TX.
• Calvin Seneca Pohl, a biology major, son of Mr. Patrick Pohl and Ms. Marlene Seneca of Kokomo, IN.
• Kyle Adam Prifogle, a mathematics major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Alan Prifogle of Ridgeville, IN.
• Collin Patrick Smith, an economics major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Smith of Schererville, IN.
• Timothy William Surber, a chemistry major, son of Dr. and Mrs. Thomas W. Surber of Valparaiso, IN.
• Michael Garrett Wartman, an English major, son of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Wartman of Dyer, IN.
• Michael Chudzik Washburn, a biology major, son of Ms. Candace Chudzik and Mr. George Washburn of Columbus, IN.
They join fellow classmate who was elected in his junior year, Austin Wayne Kline.
This year’s junior inductees are: Jacob Nathaniel Grow, son of Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Grow of Columbus, IN and Jonathan David O’Donnell, son of Mr. and Mrs. James M. O'Donnell of Huntington, IN.
The 23 new members will be inducted in a special ceremony during Commencement weekend on May 16 at 2:30 p.m. in Lovell Lecture Room in Baxter Hall.