2012 Chicago Holiday Luncheonby Tom Runge • December 5, 2012
- Greg Castanias Presents the Citaton to President Andy Ford
- Greg Castanias joined many in thanking Alison Kothe for her superb service to the College
- Jim Price '60 chats with friends after the lunch
- Anne Ford H'06 catches up with Fred Pipin '59
- Bob Wedgeworth thanks President Pat White after Pat's comments
- President Pat White talks to the group about Wabash today
- Greg Castanias '87 congratulates President Ford H"03
- Greg Castanias '87, President of the National Assoc. of Wabash Men
- Greg Jania '93 welcomes to the group to lunch
- President Andy Ford talks to President Pat White and Trustee John Fox
- Kathy Fox talks to Lauren Ford and Anne Ford
- Jim Price '60 talks to Dick Hurkes '56 as Jim's wife looks on
- Judy Burgess, Chris White, and Alison Kothe
- Greg Castanias '87 talks with Joe Emmick '92, past Dean for Advancement, and Jon Stern, current Dean
- Anne Ford speaks with John Fox
- Art Howe talks with others
- Andy Ford talks with Gene Lyman '57
The Annual Wabash Club of Chicago Holiday Luncheon was the largest recently and the reason was clear - President Andy Ford H'03, Wabash's 14th President, was inducted into the Wabash Athletics Hall of Fame. Andy and Anne couldn't be on campus for the normal induction ceremony due to a prior engagement. No problem - we took the ceremony to them!
Greg Jania '93, president of the Wabash Club of Chicago served as the emcee for the luncheon and Greg Castanias '87, president of the National Association of Wabash Men, made a special trip from the Washington, DC area to make the presentation to Andy. Andy was lauded for his visionary leadership at Wabash and his resolve to provide the entire learning experience to our young men by giving them the opportunity for a first class fitness facility.
Andy thanked the group and recounted how his initial reaction to the congratulatory letter was to think it was a joke! Andy talked of the effort to build the Allen Center and how it's most important facet is to offer anyone in the Wabash community the opportunity for increased fitness.
President Pat White offered the attendees an inside look at Wabash, mentioning some of the accomplishments of our athletes. Not just athletic accomplishments, but their all star efforts as students. He talked of Pat Clegg and Weston Kitley, both standout football players and Chemistry majors, and their work in the lab. He talked of the importance of our immersion trips - life changing events. He closed reinforcing the nature of a Wabash education being a trasformational experience in every way and that this is possible becuase of involved and engaged alumni.