Although it's easy to generate content directly in Moodle, you can also upload any type of electronic file you like. All you need to do is make sure your students can access it with the appropriate software on their computers.
You may upload files to your “Files” folder located within the Administration Block. In addition, you can easily add the file as a resource for your students either from that folder, or “Browse” for the file when “Adding a Resource.”
1. In Editing Mode, select "Add Link to File or Web Site" from the Resource menu from the content block where you want to add the link to the file.
2. On the Edit page, click the "Choose or upload a file" button. A new window will pop up with the files area directory structure.
3. Find the file you want to add in the files area. You can also upload a new file here if you'd like.
4. On the right side of the files list, you will see a "Choose" link in bold. Click that link. The Files window will close, and the path to the file will be entered into the file name.
5. You can choose to display the file in a new pop-up window. Most of the time, you won't need to worry about this with uploaded content.
6. The name of the resource will now be an active link in the content block.
Tip: By first zipping a group of files or a folder of files, you can upload that file and Moodle will recognize this and give you an unzip action link. The unzip action will create the files and or folders in that place in the administrative files section.
It is possible to move, delete completely or zip archive one or more items. First select the items on the list by ticking the box on the left. Then use the "With Chosen files" pull down menu at the bottom of the list to take the action.
Link to a PDF containing screen captures: http://www.wabash.edu/Technology/docs/upload_link_delete_move_archive_files.pdf