|Knowledge Base - Adobe PDF Printer missing|
|by Drew Parrish|
If you're Adobe PDF printer is not showing up in your printer list, follow these steps:
1) Open the Printers and Faxes dialog box and select Add a Printer
2) Click Next then select Local printer attached to this computer, and deselect the Automatically detect and install my Plug and play printer box. Click Next.
3) In the port selection box, choose My Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF) and click Next.
4) On the following screen, select Have Disk. Click Browse then navigate to the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF folder and highlight the AdobePDF.inf file. ClickOpen, then OK.
5) When presented with a list of Adobe PDF Converter options, select the first item from the list and click Next.
6) When prompted for a printer name, change the value to Adobe PDF. Naming it anything else will break the Office plugin functionality.
7) Click Next through the remaining dialog boxes, selecting the appropriate options for your configuration as you go along.