Associate or Assistant Director of Athletics and Campus WellnessDate Posted: 12/11/19
Wabash College, a NCAA Division III institution in Crawfordsville, IN, seeks an Associate or Assistant Director of Athletics and Campus Wellness. Reporting directly to the Director of Athletics and Campus Wellness, the Associate / Assistant Director assists the Director in the effective management of departmental operations and personnel in support of the College’s mission to educate men to think critically, act responsibly, lead effectively, and live humanely. The College sponsors 12 varsity sport programs and will compete in men’s volleyball for the first time in 2021. Wabash is a proud member of the North Coast Athletic Conference and an affiliate member of the Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League.
1. Assist the Director in the supervision of students and professional staff in operational functions directly supporting the success of scholar-athletes and coaches, e.g., business, compliance, equipment, facility operations, game operations, sport performance, and sports medicine / athletic training.
2. Liaison with SAAC and student-centered programs designed to have a positive impact on the scholar-athlete experience.
3. Coordinate a comprehensive wellness program, including fitness classes, intramurals, sports camps/clinics, and campus initiatives, e.g. “wellness week.” Collaborate with faculty, students, and staff on resources, programming, and outreach to promote student well-being.
4. Coordinate the Athletics and Wellness WISE / student employment program.
5. Assist coaches in achieving desired sport program goals.
6. Assist the Director with special events and projects, e.g., football game days, hosting NCAA postseason championship events, and corporate sponsorships.
7. Represent the department and/or College at NCAC, NCAA, and campus events in the absence of, or in conjunction with, the Director.
8. Sport program oversight may be assigned, contingent on selected candidate’s experiences.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Experience as an intercollegiate student-athlete. Demonstrated understanding of NCAA Division III athletics at a liberal arts college. Prior full-time experience at another NCAA institution or a national governing body strongly preferred. Demonstrated strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Experience in effectively working with diverse groups of student-athletes, faculty, and staff across campus.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by clicking apply now on this site.
Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes employment applications from persons of all backgrounds without regard to their race, color, national origin, sex, gender identification, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or military status, except where such a distinction is a bona fide occupational qualification.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Matthew Tanney
Director of Athletics and Campus Wellness
Return to Listings